The choice is yours
When you list with Keith
Knight, you get to choose:
• The type of listing you want.
• Whether to market with a price or without a price.
• A tailored marketing strategy for your property.
• Whether to have open home inspections or inspections by appointment only.
• The price you will eventually sell your home for when an offer is made.
The Private treaty method is
recommended for properties:
• Where time of sale is not an issue.
• Where the client is most comfortable with a clear price.
• Where marketing budgets are small.
• Marketing with a price
• Buyers usually spend 10-15% more than they intend, therefore we don’t want to lose them before they view the home.
• Many owners put 10-15% on top to avoid ‘underselling’ however this can hinder inquiries.
• Overcoming the gap of 20-30% between the advertised price and the likely buyers’ price needs my set of skills.
• Price the property too high and we can miss our buyers.
• Price the property too low and the premium price is lost.
Achieving the premium price
When two, three or even more people want to buy the same property - they compete for it. This pushes up the price and ensures you are getting the best possible price. My job is to create competition among interested buyers. I will recommend the method I believe will achieve the highest price, however ultimately, you the vendor, have the power to choose the method which you feel most suits you. When selling a property, we have two primary methods of sale choices - Private Treaty or Auction.
The auction method is
recommended for properties:
• Where the aim is to achieve a premium price.
• When it is important to have a set time frame to work to.
• Where the seller is comfortable using market demand to help achieve the price.
• For any property in any market where the seller is committed to sell.
Key features of an auction marketing program:
• Time frame: A designated time frame ensures the seller can attract and capture the interest of suited buyers to their property without being forced to make a hurried decision.
• No advertised price: This protects the seller by providing an opportunity to assess accurate price feedback from the market and does not set a cap on what a buyer will pay.
• Marketing: The most effective form of protecting the value of a property is by how it is positioned in the market place. How a property is marketed can make the difference between achieving market value or below, or a premium price.
• Terms of auction: The seller can have the confidence knowing that all buyers must be fully qualified and have the ability to enter into cash and unconditional contract.
• Control: It is the only method of sale that provides the seller with total control over the sale of their property. The seller has the option to sell prior to the auction, at auction, or continue to negotiate a successful result after the auction.